For those who are interested in Maltipoo, you are probably aware that they are more expensive to buy compared to the other mixed breed dogs. In order to buy a Maltipoo, you will usually have to spend anywhere between $400 and $4,000. In some cases, the price can go up to $15,000.
Since Maltipoos are considered small dogs, you might be wondering if they are worth buying with such expensive prices. So, what are the things that make these dogs so expensive to buy?
Apparently, there are a number of factors that can impact the prices of Maltipoo, such as:
- The reputation of the breeder: The professional breeders try their best to prove that they are different compared to the puppy mills. They want to show that they have reputability. After getting recognized or getting acknowledged by the likes of the American Kennel Club, the Maltipoos sold by them will become more premium. Getting Maltipoos from a reputable breeder is recommended as a lot of things are guaranteed. These reputable breeders usually offer the healthiest puppies and these puppies are usually tested before getting sent to the customers.
- The location of the breeder: The further away the breeder the more money that you have to pay. The shipping cost or the cost to take the puppy to your location may be higher if you live far away from the breeder.
- The shipping cost: As stated before, the shipping cost is related to the location of the breeder. The further away the breeder the higher the shipping cost. Not only that, the shipping cost can also depend on the type of delivery service.
- The size of the Maltipoo: Apparently, Maltipoo breeds are divided into three categories: teacup, toy, and miniature. The most expensive one among these three is Teacup Maltipoos. These kinds of Maltipoos are expensive because they are harder to come by. They have to be bred well in order to prevent them from getting inherited with congenital diseases due to their size.
- The color of the Maltipoo:
- The generation of the Maltipoo: Apparently, the price of a Maltipoo also depends on its color, which is different compared to the other crossbreeds. The most expensive Maltipoos are the ones with red, champagne, or chocolate colors. The ones with such colors are expensive as they are rare. As for the white, cream, and the other colors of Maltipoos, they are cheaper and more affordable.
- The lineage of the Maltipoo: Just like the purebreds, the price of the Maltipoo puppy is directly affected by its bloodline. For your information, the ones with champion bloodlines have better characteristics in the term of physical or temperamental.
- The age of the Maltipoo: Compared to the adult Maltipoos, Matipoo puppies need more careful attention. It is one of the reasons why they usually cost between $400 and $4,000. Usually, these dogs are vetted, microchipped, vaccinated, and sprayed or neutered by their breeders, making the cost skyrocket.
For those who think that buying a Maltipoo puppy from a breeder is not worth it since it is too expensive and you do not think that you can afford that, you might want to consider adopting it from a shelter or rescue. By choosing this option, you can save a lot. Usually, it will only require you to spend for the adopting fee. For those who are curious about the adoption fee, it is usually around $100 to $800. Actually, the number can be different, depending on the organization. This kind of fee is usually used by the shelter or rescue to maintain the other dogs that are left on the facility.
If like the idea of adopting a Maltipoo puppy instead of buying it, the places that you can to visit to look for one include:
- Angels Among Us Pet: This one is located at PO Box 821, Alpharetta, GA 30009, United States.
- United for Animals Rescue – UFAR: This one is located at 366-364 S State Rd 7, Margate, FL 33068, United States.
- Sunny Sky’s Animal Rescue: This one is located at Appointment Only, Puyallup, WA 98372, United States.
- Oregon Dog Rescue: This one is located at 6700 SW Nyberg St, Tualatin, OR 97062, United States.
- Bergen County Animal Shelter & Adoption Center: This one is located at 100 United Ln, Teterboro, NJ 07608, United States.
- Follow Your Heart Animal Rescue: This one is located at 446 N Higley Rd UNIT 102, Mesa, AZ 85205, United States.
- Animal Haven: This one is located at 200 Centre St, New York, NY 10013, United States.
- ASPCA Adoption Center: This one is located at 424 E 92nd St, New York, NY 10128, United States.
- Family Dog Rescue: This one is located at 2253 Shafter Ave, San Francisco, CA 94124, United States.
- Safe With US Animal Rescue: This one is located at 87 Jeffrey Ave, Holliston, MA 01746, United States.
- Muddy Paws Rescue: This one is located at 821 9th Ave FRNT 1, New York, NY 10019, United States.
- National Mill Dog Rescue: This one is located at 5335 J D Johnson Rd, Peyton, CO 80831, United States.
- Mostly Mutts Animal Rescue and Adoption: This one is located at 3238 Cherokee St NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144, United States.
- Helping Hounds Dog Rescue: This one is located at 7268 Caswell Ave, North Syracuse, NY 13212, United States.
- Tony La Russa’s Animal Rescue Foundation (ARF): This one is located at 2890 Mitchell Dr, Walnut Creek, CA 94598, United States.
- ALIVE Rescue: This one is located at 1214 W Monroe St, Chicago, IL 60607, United States.
- Home At Last Dog Rescue: This one is located at 100 W Main St, Lansdale, PA 19446, United States.
- Arizona Small Dog Rescue: This one is located at 1102 W Hatcher Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85021, United States.
Adopting a Maltipoo puppy from the shelter or rescue is recommended rather than buying it from the breeder. Not only is it cheaper, it also can save their lives. Basically, both of you can fill each other’s emptiness.