Just like to humans, your Maltipoo will feel uncomfortable when it suffers from losing hair. If your Maltipoo is currently in this kind of situation, check out the following information to help it to be better.
There are a few possible reasons that make the hair of the Maltipoo fall off. It is important for you to know the cause of the hair loss before addressing the real issue. Several serious hair loss issues that are related to health include:
- The fungal infection called ringworm
- Bacterial infection
- Cushing’s disease (it is known as a hormonal imbalance)
Apart from these health related hair loss causes, there are also some non-medical causes of the dog hair loss that can be treated at home easily. These causes include:
- Ticks and fleas: A flea infestation can lead to a severe allergic reaction, which can result in hair loss.
- Allergies: It is possible for the Maltipoo to suffer from food and environmental allergies. If you have a dog that is allergic to food and begins to lose its hair, you are advised to change its food to anti-allergenic dog food. To avoid your dog getting shocked, please do it slowly.
- Stress: Your dog can suffer from hair loss if they have anxiety or get stressed. There are a few common causes of canine stress, such as loud noises, a disruption of their daily routine, new household pets or guests, and the places that are not familiar for them.
- Pressure sores or bedsores: Pressure sores or bed sores are known as small sores that are localized injuries. These sores occur in places where the body of the dog is in constant contact with the hazard surface.
If your Matipoo is currently suffering with hair loss and you want to make its hair grow faster, there are a few methods that you can try, as follows:
- Lemon juice: Lemon juice contains citric acid. This kind of acid in the lemon juice has excellent antibacterial properties with the function to fight bacterial infection in the fur of the dog. The hair of the dog will regrow if bacteria no longer exists. If you are interested in trying lemon juice to make the hair of the dog grow faster, the first thing that you need to do is to add a small amount of lemon juice to a wet sponge. Then, wipe it all over the dog. After doing it, allow it to sit for a few minutes. To ensure that the dog doesn’t lick himself, please supervise it. When the time passes, it is time for you to wash the lemon juice from the hair of the dog.
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera is proven to be good at relieving the itching that is caused by fleas. Besides, it can also make the itching caused by food allergies better. If your dog keeps scratching due to severe itching, it will have hair loss. After addressing the flea infestation or allergic reactions, the next thing that you have to do is to apply a dab of aloe vera to the itchy areas of the dog. It is recommended to soothe its skin. Aloe vera has the natural enzymes that are useful to get rid of the dead skin cells and to support the hair to grow.
- Health supplements: By being healthy on the inside, the dog will be able to radiate the beauty on the outside. That’s why it is encouraged for you to keep your dog healthy. You can do it by feeding it a balanced diet that is full of protein and essential vitamins and nutrients. If you are wondering if it is necessary for you to add supplements to the regular diet of your dog, please ask the vet since they usually know better than the others. For your information, omega-3 and omega-6 supplements are effective to relieve skin irritation. Aside from that, these two can also quicken the hair growing process.
- Apple cider vinegar: The acetic acids that consist in apple cider vinegar are known to be effective to get rid of fungus and bacteria. At the same time, they also work to boost the immune system of the dog. Firstly, you should combine equal parts vinegar with equal parts water. Then, water the mixture to the areas that are affected. Actually, you are also allowed to add a small drop of apple cider vinegar to the water of the dog.
- Essential oils: Dog friendly essential oils are known to be effective to soothe itchy skin. Besides, they can also promote hair growth. In order to use the essential oils, first of all, you will have to dilute them in water. After diluting them, you can just apply only a drop of two to itchy or irritated areas.
Feel free to try any method that you want to make the hair of your Maltipoo grow faster. It does not matter which method that you prefer as all of them are proven to be worked well. It should be easy for you to try all of them at home since everything can be found easily.
In addition, you are also recommended to visit your vet if you assume that the hair loss is due to a medical condition and it is unlikely to be treated by yourself at home. Make sure to schedule an appointment as soon as possible. Your main priority should be your dog. Your dog should be the most important thing at the moment. They need treatment as fast as possible, unless you like to see it suffering and losing its hair. Can you imagine if you are on its feet? Suffering from hair loss due to medical conditions definitely does not make them comfortable. If you are a bit busy, please ask someone that you trust, such as a family member or a friend, to take your dog to the vet. If no one of them can do it for you, you can also try to ask the vet if it is possible for them to come to your place so that you do not have to go out yet your dog still can get the treatment from the vet it deserves.