While your Maltipoo can be bathed with only water, applying shampoo might be needed especially when they are really dirty or full of dirt. Aside from keeping the cleanliness, the other functions of shampoo are making the fur of the dog smoother and healthier. Aside from the shampoo, applying conditioner is also important to help nourish the hair and to avoid knot and tangle.
What are the best dog shampoo and conditioner for Maltipoo? The best shampoo and conditioner for Maltipoo is the one with the formula that is going to maintain the integrity of the dog’s coat and the one that guarantees him to get the best look. His appearance will depend on how often he is groomed. Aside from that, it will also depend on the products that you use and the grooming and bathing techniques that you use. Apparently, bathing the dog affects the looks and cleanliness. Besides bathing, it is also important for you to choose a shampoo and conditioner for health reasons.
For those who are looking for the best dog shampoo and conditioner for Maltipoo, the list includes:
- Buddy Wash Refreshing Rosemary and Mint Dog Shampoo and Conditioner
- Brand: Buddy Biscuits
- Scent: Rosemary & mont
- Product benefits: Conditioning
- Recommended uses for product: Conditioning
- Liquid volume: 16 fluid ounces
- Price on Amazon: $12.95
- 4-legged Organic, Hypo-allergenic, Lemongrass, and Aloe Shampoo
- Brand: 4Legger
- Scent: Lemongrass, coconut, rosemary
- Product benefits: Itchy
- Recommended uses for product: Itchy
- Liquid volume: 16 fluid ounces
- Earthbath Oatmeal and Aloe Dog and Cat Shampoo
- Price on Amazon: $24.95
- Scent: 2 2ack, vanilla
- Jax n Daisy antifungal and Antibacterial dog Shampoo
- Ingredients: Lemon oil, witch hazel, lavender, rosemary
- Price on Jax n Daisy’s official website: $23.95
- Veterinary Formula Solutions Snow White Whitening Shampoo for Dogs and Cats
- Brand: Veterinary Formula
- Scent; Citrus, fresh
- Product benefits: Deodorizes
- Recommended uses for product: Whitening
- Liquid volume: 17 fluid ounces
- Price on Amazon: $9.61
Feel free to use any dog shampoo and conditioner for Maltipoo mentioned above. After getting one of them, you can start bathing your dog by following the following guide:
- The first thing that you need to do is to brush your Maltipoo. You can do it using a handy-dandy undercoat rake. This kind of thing is effective for collecting dead or loose hair. It is also good to help clean out any dirt and untangle deeply rooted knots. Please stroke gently as you comb. As the mental bristles of the undercoat rakes and brushes are pointer than the ones in the traditional dog brush, make sure to avoid unnecessary pressure unless you want your pet to get hurt or to make them uncomfortable.
- Once you are done brushing your Maltipoo, the next thing that you have to do is to set the brush aside and start the water. In order to control the temperature, you have to run your hand under the faucet every so often. The best kind of water is the warm one. Do not even try to make the water boil as it makes your dog uncomfortable. Talking about the water, you should also not make it cold. Just like you, your dog will not want their body to touch icy water. Once again, please use the warm water instead.
- Then, give your dog a rinse over. Feel free to rise off your dog thoroughly by using a detachable showerhead or sink faucet. If you have no one of them, you are suggested to let the water run from the spout fill up a large cup or bucket. The downgrade of it is that there will not be as much pressure as you will want to penetrate the dense undercoat of your dog thoroughly.
- Afterward, apply the shampoo to the back of your dog. The kind of shampoo that you have to use is the one that is specifically made for the pet. Please apply it by following a straight line from neck to tail. Next, apply the shampoo into its fur by using linear strokes. Make sure to avoid messaging in circular motion because it can knot or tangle the fur. Another thing that you have to avoid is getting the suds too close to the face of the dog so that your dog will not get eye damage or injury. After applying the shampoo to the parts that you think necessary, get the shower hear and rinse the dog until the water runs clear.
- As the Maltipoo has a silky, lengthy coat that has the potential to knot and tangle, applying only shampoo is not enough. Not only the shampoo, you will also have to apply conditioner. This kind of thing is best to help nourish the hair. In addition, it can also prevent potential tangles and make the coat of the dog shiny and healthy. Just like the shampoo, the kind of conditioner that can be applied is the one for dogs. Do not even try to apply the one that is specifically made for humans as it usually contains chemicals and some ingredients that are not suited for dogs. If you apply the one for humans, your dog can react poorly to the elements. Besides, they can also suffer from hazardous reactions.
- After using the conditioner, let the conditioner sit for a minute.
- When the time is over, give the dog a good rinse.
- In the next step, dampen the washcloth with some warm water, wring the towel to eliminate any excess and unnecessary water, and rub around the face of the dog to get rid of any dirt, tear stains, or eye boogers.
- Lastly, it is time for you to start the drying process. It can be started by using a simple towel dry to maintain the luscious coat of the dog. Then, dry through its density. If you want, you can also use a blow dryer.