Due to their trainability and skills as therapy dogs, a lot of people prefer to keep Maltipoo as their pet. Compared to the other Poodle mixes such as the Yorkiepoo or Labradoodles, they are more expensive. For those who are wondering how much you should pay for a Maltipoo puppy, you are on the right page as you will be informed about it here.
Apparently, the average cost of a Maltipoo puppy from a reputable breeder is between $400 and $4,000. Actually, there are some of them that cost more than that. The Maltipoo puppies that are considered rare such as the ones with red, champagne, and chocolate colors may cost higher. The cost of such kinds of Maltipoos can range between $8,000 to $15,000.
If you are looking for the cheaper ones, you might want to consider the adult Maltipoos. These adult Maltipoos are usually cheaper than adult purebred dogs as they pass their prime years. The adult Maltipoos usually cost only $350 to $700.
Not only the age and the color of the Maltipoo puppies, their price can also be affected by their size. Check out the details of the Maltipoo puppies prices based on the size:
- Miniature: $400 – $2,000
- Toy: $400 – $3,000
- Teacup: $2,000 to $4,000
As you can see from the information above, teacups Maltipoos are the most expensive because their parent dogs are intentionally bred by a limited number of dog breeders. However, it should be noted that it does not mean they are healthier compared to the other sizes of Maltipoo puppies.
The next thing that usually affects the price of a Maltipoo puppy is the lineage. For instance, a breeder called Texas Teacups has some Maltipoo puppies that range from $8,975 to $14,975 because they are from celebrity bloodlines. For those who have no idea about celebrity bloodlines, they refer to the ones that made appearances on TV shows, commercials, or even movies.
Once again, there are several factors that can affect the price of the Maltipoo puppies, including:
- The reputation of the breeder: The professional breeders try their best to prove that they are different compared to the puppy mills. They want to show that they have reputability. After getting recognized or getting acknowledged by the likes of the American Kennel Club, the Maltipoos sold by them will become more premium. Getting Maltipoos from the reputable breeder is recommended as a lot of things are guaranteed. These reputable breeders usually offer the healthiest puppies and these puppies are usually tested before getting sent to the customers.
- The location of the breeder: The further away the breeder the more money that you have to pay. The shipping cost or the cost to take the puppy to your location may be higher if you live far away from the breeder.
- The shipping cost: As stated before, the shipping cost is related to the location of the breeder. The further away the breeder the higher the shipping cost. Not only that, the shipping cost can also depend on the type of delivery service.
- The size of the Maltipoo: Apparently, Maltipoo breeds are divided into three categories: teacup, toy, and miniature. The most expensive one among these three is Teacup Maltipoos. These kinds of Maltipoos are expensive because they are harder to come by. They have to be bred well in order to prevent them from getting inherited with congenital diseases due to their size.
- The color of the Maltipoo:
- The generation of the Maltipoo: Apparently, the price of a Maltipoo also depends on its color, which is different compared to the other crossbreeds. The most expensive Maltipoos are the ones with red, champagne, or chocolate colors. The ones with such colors are expensive as they are rare. As for the white, cream, and the other colors of Maltipoos, they are cheaper and more affordable.
- The lineage of the Maltipoo: Just like the purebreds, the price of the Maltipoo puppy is directly affected by its bloodline. For your information, the ones with champion bloodlines have better characteristics in the term of physical or temperamental.
- The age of the Maltipoo: Compared to the adult Maltipoos, Matipoo puppies need more careful attention. It is one of the reasons why they usually cost between $400 and $4,000. Usually, these dogs are vetted, microchipped, vaccinated, and sprayed or neutered by their breeders, making the cost skyrocket.
If you think that buying a Maltipoo puppy from a breeder is too expensive and there is no way for you to afford that, there is another option that you can consider, which is to adopt it from a shelter or rescue. Adopting one from such a place will only require you to pay for the adoption fee, which is usually around $100 to $800. Everything depends on the organization. The fee that you pay will usually be used by the shelter or rescue to maintain the other dogs that are left on the facility.
If you are thinking of adopting a Maltipoo puppy instead of buying it, the places that you can to visit to look for one include:
- Angels Among Us Pet: This one is located at PO Box 821, Alpharetta, GA 30009, United States.
- United for Animals Rescue – UFAR: This one is located at 366-364 S State Rd 7, Margate, FL 33068, United States.
- Sunny Sky’s Animal Rescue: This one is located at Appointment Only, Puyallup, WA 98372, United States.
- Oregon Dog Rescue: This one is located at 6700 SW Nyberg St, Tualatin, OR 97062, United States.
- Bergen County Animal Shelter & Adoption Center: This one is located at 100 United Ln, Teterboro, NJ 07608, United States.
- Follow Your Heart Animal Rescue: This one is located at 446 N Higley Rd UNIT 102, Mesa, AZ 85205, United States.
Adopting a Maltipoo puppy from the shelter or rescue is recommended rather than buying it from the breeder. Not only is it cheaper, it also can save their lives. Basically, both of you can fill each other’s emptiness.